Monday, November 14, 2011

Bear Elements

by Dick Huntington
(Kodiak photo by USFWS)
I gaze at the sun
And it tells me,
"Feel my warmth;
Be healed in my FIRE."

I lift to the sky
And it tells me,
"Feel the AIR,
Softly Kiss your face."

I lean on the Tree
And it tells me,
"Come be touched
In places you cannot reach."

I walk in the WATER
And it tells me,
"Be no fountain
When the well you need."

I lay with the EARTH
And She tells me,
"Rest here in me
To be reborn --- again."

And so we came together at Twilight Covening, this time as Bears, or to be more exact, as KODIACS; each new clan-mate arriving from singular and divergent points on the cosmic compass. Under our Clan Leader's gaze, we accepted and acknowledged each other as family and quickly moved into Magical Space. Those of us who had known each other for years and those newly arrived, it made no difference for now we were one, litter-mates, cubs of the same Mother.

All of our Clan Time was spent outdoors in the open, connecting directly with the Elements in pursuit of our pre-stated goal of finding the source of all of our needs for renewal. We worked as individuals and together within the clan structure and even with some of the other clans to extend our connectivity.

The core-central theme of our leader's teaching was that we don't so much heal the Earth as we must learn to interact with it responsibly so that it may heal itself and thereby heal us. She told us, "Everything is about relationship. Learn to trust yourselves, each other and a loving universe." And so too we are connected each and all to each and all.

This is real human magic, true Earth magic; useful, sustainable and necessary; brought to us by competent and caring masters of the mind - body - spirit connection.

My deepest thanks and fondest regards too all at EarthSpirit, the hard working staff and leadership and to all my newest family members. WOW! A family wherein you get to pick your relatives. Will wonders never cease?

No comments:

Post a Comment